Careers at Museum of Illusions Kuala Lumpur
Become a team member at one of the fastest growing museums in the world.
We offer competitive pay and bonus packages for every position.
Please see our open positions below for Museum of Illusions Kuala Lumpur.
Enable fun and engaging opportunities combined with innovative edutainment experiences to people of all ages!
Open Positions: Manager
We invite you to become a team leader in one of the fastest growing museum franchises in the world! Our mission is to put smiles on everyone’s faces, to enable fun and engaging opportunities combined with innovative educational experiences for people of all ages!
You are daydreaming of leading a team in a fun environment, communicating with people makes your day, you love motivating everyone around you and “organized” is your middle name?
We are looking for someone to be the museum manager of Museum of Illusions. The museum manager is an employee who is responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing the operations of a business unit within the organization.
Your job will include:
- Developing an employee-oriented team culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, employee retention and development, and high performance
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding
- Creating customer service strategies with your team
- Empowering employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals
- Creating employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, vacations, and paid time off, telecommuting, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling
- Responsibility for the whole museum and reporting if there is any damage of exhibits
- Responsibility for the cash register and the deposit
- Creating a daily/weekly list of group visits/birthday parties in cooperation with a Sales
- Manager and coordinating it with employees
- Maintaining supply levels of stock and other materials as needed (ordering dilemma games and tracking dilemma games sales (manually and in the POS system))
- Overseeing maintenance and protection of all exhibits by making regular rounds of the museum floor
- Organizing the distribution of promotive materials (flyers, posters)
- Ensuring the appropriate team dress code
- The knowledge of minimum two foreign languages is required (English + one other foreign language)
- Management or supervisory 2-year experience
- Ability to work at high-level of proficiency and possess the ability to delegate and supervise activities to the team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, public presentation skills, and interpersonal and teamwork skills are essential
- Strong organizational skills
- MS Office knowledge is mandatory
- Availably during the day via email and phone communication
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Salary and bonus, commensurate with experience.
- Great work-place atmosphere because it’s a fun museum
- Small team, a friendly attitude towards work
- Experience of working with international team